Want to make the world
a better place?
“Criticize by Creating”
Founded by innovative educator Michael Strong and Whole Foods
Market co-founder and CEO John Mackey, FLOW is dedicated
to liberating the entrepreneurial spirit for good and
directing it towards creating sustainable peace, prosperity,
and happiness for all in our lifetime.
The FLOW Vision is based on the principles of economic freedom, voluntary
exchange, and individual initiative, combined with
social and environmental consciousness, and embodies
FLOW Principles, which include commitments to human
flourishing, non-violence, and radical tolerance.
The name “FLOW” has two primary roots:
- An optimal state of human experience in which individuals are fully
engaged in creative endeavors, experiencing fulfillment, happiness,
and well-being. This state is articulated by psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
in Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience.
- The means by which increases in the free global flow of goods, services,
capital, people, and information will accelerate human progress and
We believe that the entrepreneurial spirit fosters the flow state,
and entrepreneurial creativity and innovation can create conditions that
promote sustainable peace, prosperity, and happiness for all, in our
We envision a world in which everyone
is living a life of flow: with meaningful engagement in productive, positive
activity based upon creativity, optimism, and personal initiative.
- Create sustainable peace, prosperity, and happiness for all by liberating
the entrepreneurial spirit for good.
- Articulate and animate an inspiring vision of a world with sustainable
peace, prosperity, and happiness for all, catalyzed and sustained by
entrepreneurial initiative and conscious capitalism.
- Serve as an "entrepreneur of meaning" to
other organizations and initiatives.
- Provide an inspiring yet pragmatic vision.
- Create collaborative networks of organizations aligned with this
vision and working to realize it.
- Provide public outreach, education and engagement platforms to catalyze
a mass movement based on this vision.
- Cultivate awareness of the powerful role creators, innovators, and
entrepreneurs play in the evolution and elevation of humanity.
- Describe and foster those social, cultural, economic, and legal conditions
that lead to increasingly effective entrepreneurial solutions to all
Principles & Values
FLOW and the FLOW Community
are committed to the following four core principles:
- Cultivate human flourishing,
- Practice non-violence and radical tolerance,
- Embrace freely-chosen, mutually beneficial solutions, and
- Criticize by creating!
FLOW is comprised by people from all geographic, social, economic and
political spheres who believe in the FLOW vision
and embody FLOW principles. The FLOW community
is an open, free space in which people can work together to create sustainable,
global peace, prosperity, and happiness.